1903 G. Watson French 1963
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at West Bay City MI by West Bay City Shipbuilding Co., Hull 608
Launched Feb 20, 1903
376’ LOA, 356’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1300 IHP
Enrolled at Port Huron MI April 11, 1903 (#28)
356.0 x 50.0 x 24.0, 3883 GT, 3064 NT US 86667 to:
West Bay City Shipbuilding Co.
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH April 15, 1903 (#110) to:
French Transportation Co., Chicago IL, C. W. Elphicke & Co., Mgrs. (home port to Fairport OH)
Entered service 1903
Sold 1911 to Republic Transportation Co., Duluth MN, G. A. Tomlinson, Mgr. (home port to Duluth MN)
Cargo hold rebuilt 1913 to arch construction and 12’ hatch centers
Remeasured to 3883 GT, 2725 NT
Sold Oct 23, 1923 to Eastern Steamship Corporation, Buffalo NY, Boland & Cornelius, Mgr. (home port to Buffalo NY) and renamed Henry P. Werner.
Transferred 1933 to Western Steamship Co., Buffalo NY, Boland & Cornelius, Mgr. (home port to Wilmington DE)
Transferred 1937 to American Steamship Co., Buffalo NY, Boland & Cornelius, Mgr. (home port to Buffalo NY) and renamed John J. Boland Jr. (2)
Sold 1940 to Algoma Central Steamship Co., Sault Ste. Marie ON (home port to Sault Ste. Marie ON and renamed Algoway (1)
Enrolled Canadian at 365.5 x 50.2 x 24.0, 3785 GT, 2964 NT Can 171013
Sold for scrap 1963 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON and laid up at Port McNicoll ON. Resold to Lakehead Scrap Metal Co. Towed to Fort William ON July 1964 and scrapped there.