1924 Providence Socony 1964 (19
Steel twin-screw New York State Barge Canal size tanker
Built at Camden NJ by New York Shipbuilding Corporation, Hull 290
One of a fleet of similar size vessels built for service between East Coast ports and Great Lakes ports through the New York State Barge Canal. This service continued into the 1950s.
260’ LOA, 252’ LBP, 40’ beam, 14’ depth
1 deck, 2 oil-fired diesel engines, 700 BHP
252.9 x 40.1 x 12.8, 1199 GT, 753 NT US 223673 to:
Standard Transportation Co., New York NY, a subsidiary of Standard Oil Co. of New York (Socony)
Given new midbody at New York NY by Brewer Dry Dock Co.
Remeasured to 1242 GT, 748 NT
Renamed Bert Reinauer 1952
Sold 1957 to Sinclair Refining Co., New York NY, renamed Sinclair Milwaukee and returned to Great Lakes service
Sold 1964 for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Renamed Berwyn 1964 and Falcon (Panama) 1966