Anderson, Arthur M.

1952                                         Arthur M. Anderson

Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter

Built at Lorain OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 868
Launched Feb 16, 1952

647’ LOA, 629’3” LBP, 70’ beam, 36’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 24’, oil-fired boilers, steam turbine engine, 7000 SHP

Enrolled at
629.4 x 70.2 x 31.3, 11623 GT, 8690 NT     US 264207     to:
Pittsburgh Steamship Division, United States Steel Corporation, Cleveland OH (home port New York NY)

Entered service Aug 10, 1952 clearing Lorain OH light for Two Harbors MN

Fleet renamed U. S. Steel Great Lakes Fleet 1967 (home port to Wilmington DE)

Lengthened 1975 at Superior WI by Fraser Shipyards
Remeasured to 749.4 and 13796 GT, 10827 NT

Fleet made a subsidiary of United States Steel Corporation 1981, renamed USS Great Lakes Fleet Inc., Duluth MN (home port to Duluth MN)

Converted to self-unloader 1982 at Superior WI by Fraser Shipyards
Remeasured to 12341 GT, 9372 NT

Fleet sold 2003 to Canadian National Railway Co., Montreal QC and renamed Great Lakes Fleet.  Operated by Keystone Shipping Co., Bala Cynwyd PA to continue to be able trade between U.S. ports.

IMO 5025691

In service 2011 for Great Lakes Fleet

 

5206

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *