1952 Imperial Woodbend 1986
Steel Great Lakes tanker
Built at Collingwood ON by Collingwood Shipyards Ltd., Hull 147
Launched Dec 6, 1951
620’ LOA, 600’ LBP, 68’ beam, 35’ depth
1 deck, oil-fired boilers, steam turbine engine, 4500 SHP
601.6 x 68.2 x 34.6, 12639 GT, 9630 NT Can 193679 to:
Pipe Line Tankers Ltd., Toronto ON, Imperial Oil Ltd., Mgr. (home port Collingwood ON)
Entered service May 1952
Built to carry Alberta oil from Superior WI to Sarnia ON. Service discontinued when pipeline from the western oil fields was finished.
Sold 1954 to Mohawk Navigation Co., Montreal QC and renamed Golden Hind.
Converted to bulk freighter 1954 at Port Colborne ON by McGee Iron Works
Remeasured to 12304 GT, 8532 NT
Sold for scrap 1986 to Corostel Trading. Fit out from layup at Toronto ON and sailed to Quebec QC. Resold to Spanish shipbreakers. Cleared Quebec Sept 29, 1986 with str. John E. F. Misener under tow. Tow arrived Mamonel Spain Oct 28, 1986.
See history in Great Lakes Ships We Remember III p. 192