1909 Andrew S. Upson 1959 (1964)
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Cleveland OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 444
Launched March 27, 1909
Built for R. P. Ranney but sold before commissioning to A. T. Kinney
400’ LOA, 380’ LBP, 52’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1440 IHP
Enrolled at Cleveland OH April 16, 1909 (#91)
380.0 x 52.0 x 28.0, 4442 GT, 3120 NT US 206167 to:
Tecumseh Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, A. T. Kinney, Mgr. (home port Fairport OH)
Entered service 1909
Transferred 1914 to Kinney Steamship Co., Cleveland OH (home port to Duluth MN)
Home port to Fairport OH 1924
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Sold 1937 to Buckeye Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Hutchinson & Co., Mgr.
Sold 1959 to Alpha Lake Ship Co., a subsidiary of Continental Grain Co. for grain storage in Buffalo NY harbor and retired from active service.
Sold for scrap 1964 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON and scrapped at Port Colborne.