1930 Redhead 1969 (
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freight barge
Built at Montreal QC by Canadian Vickers Ltd., Hull 112
Launched April 24, 1930
260’ LOA, 248’ LBP, 43’7” beam, 15’ depth
Enrolled at Montreal QC
254.7 x 43.5 x 19.0, 1524 GT, 1524 NT Can 154909 to:
The Red Barge Line Ltd., Montreal QC, Sin-Mac Lines Ltd, Mgr. (home port Montreal QC)
Sold 1934 to Blue Line Motorships Ltd., Toronto ON, a subsidiary of Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co. and renamed Blue Cross.
Converted to twin-screw diesel bulk freighter at Port Dalhousie ON by Muir Bros.Dry Dock Ltd.
Remeasured to 43.7 beam and 1768 GT, 1387 NT
Transferred 1940 to Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Toronto ON
Converted to tanker at Port Dalhousie ON by Muir Bros. Dry Dock Ltd.
Remeasured to 1786 GT, 1405 NT
Sold 1942 to Shell Canadian Tankers Ltd., Toronto ON
Sold 1945 to Heathdale Industries Ltd., Montreal QC, Gayport Shipping Ltrd., Mgr.
Remeasured 1950 to 1877 GT, 1413 NT
Sold 1959 to Hall Corporation of Canada Ltd., Montreal QC and renamed Lake Transport (1)
Sold 1966 to Johnstone Shipping Ltd. and renamed Congar (1)
Sold 1969 for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes. Renamed Ong for delivery voyage to Antigua
Renamed Windoc 70 (Panama) 1976