1906 Charles Weston 1946
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at West Bay City MI by West Bay City Shipbuilding Co., Hull 618
Launched May 26, 1906
569’ LOA, 549’ LBP, 56’ beam, 31’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 2000 IHP
Enrolled at Port Huron MI June 21, 1906 (Temp #41)
549.0 x 56.0 x 26.6, 6996 GT, 5511 NT US 203184 to:
Tonawanda Transit Co., North Tonawanda NY, W. M. Mills, Mgr. (home port North Tonawanda NY)
Permanent enrollment at Niagara Falls NY July 1, 1906 (#1)
Entered service June 1906
Transferred 1910 to Frontier Steamship Co.
Sold Jan 19, 1916 to Johnstown Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, M. A. Hanna & Co., Mgr. (home port to Fairport OH) and renamed J. Leonard Replogle.
Sold 1925 to Bethlehem Transportation Corporation, Cleveland OH, H. K. Oakes, Mgr. (home port to Wilmington DE) and renamed Saucon.
Traded in 1943 with strs. Lehigh (2) and Steelton (1) to U. S. War Shipping Administration, Washington DC on the purchase price of strs. Lehigh (3) and Steelton (2). Operated during World War II by Bethlehem Transportation Corporation.
Laid up at end of 1944 season at Erie PA.
Sold for scrap 1946 to Steel Company of Canada. Towed to Hamilton ON June 1946 and scrapped there.