1910 John P. Reiss 1972
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Lorain OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 377
Launched Jan 29, 1910
Ordered by John J. Barlum, Detroit MI but sold to C. Reiss Coal Co. while under construction.
524’ LOA, 504’ LBP, 54’ beam, 30’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1760 IHP
Enrolled at Milwaukee WI March 26, 1910 (#75)
504.0 x 54.0 x 30.0, 6432 GT, 4963 NT US 207251 to:
Wisconsin Transportation Co., Sheboygan WI (home port Sheboygan WI)
Entered service April 15, 1910 clearing Lorain OH with coal for Escanaba MI
Transferred 1913 to North American Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, R. A. Williams, Mgr. (home port to Duluth MN)
Home port to Fairport OH 1917
Fleet transferred 1920 to Reiss Steamship Co., Sheboygan WI
Home port to Duluth MN 1925
Home port to Wilmington DE 1928
Fleet sold June 1969 to American Steamship Co., Buffalo NY. (Fleet managed by Boland & Cornelius
but continued as a subsidiary under its former name.)
Sold 1971 to Kinsman Marine Transit Co., Cleveland OH
(Did not operate for this fleet)
Sold for scrap 1972 to A. J. Frank & Son. Wintered at Hamilton ON. Resold to Spanish shipbreakers.
Cleared Quebec QC June 29, 1973 with str. City of Saginaw 31 towed by Polish tug Koral.
Tow arrived Castellon Spain prior to July 19, 1973.