1952 B-A Peerless 1989
Steel Great Lakes tanker
Built at Collingwood ON by Collingwood Shipyards Ltd., Hull 148
Launched July 28, 1952
620’ LOA, 600’ LBP, 68’ beam, 35’ depth
1 deck, oil-fired boilers, steam turbine engine, 4500 SHP
601.7 x 68.2 x 34.6, 12638 GT, 9639 NT Can 194747 to:
British American Transportation Ltd., West Toronto ON, a subsidiary of British American Oil Co. (home port Toronto ON)
Entered service Nov 3, 1952 clearing Collingwood ON for Superior WI
Built to carry Alberta oil from Superior WI to the British American refinery at Clarkson ON. Service discontinued when pipeline from the western oil fields was completed.
Shortened 72’ 1958 at Port Arthur ON by Port Arthur Shipbuilding Co.
Remeasured to 530.1 length and 10900 GT, 7029 NT
Sold 1969 to Gulf Canada Ltd., Toronto ON and renamed Gulf Canada
Sold 1984 to Greater Sarnia Investment Corporation (Coastal Canada Marine) and renamed Coastal Canada.
Sold for scrap 1989 and scrapped in Pakistan