1908 M. A. Bradley 1968
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Ecorse MI by Great Lakes Engineering Works, Hull 38
Keel laid Nov 8, 1907; launched Feb 7, 1908
482’ LOA, 460’ LBP, 52’ beam, 30’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1450 IHP
Enrolled at Detroit MI April 1, 1908 (#49)
460.0 x 52.2 x 31.0, 5539 GT, 4127 NT US 205009 to:
Great Lakes Engineering Works
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH April 28, 1908 (#55) to:
Alva Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, M. A. Bradley, Mgr. (home port to Fairport OH)
Entered service April 24, 1908
Sold Dec 23, 1915 to Merrimac Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Harvey H. Brown & Co., Mgr.
Transferred 1924 to Stewart Furnace Co.
Sold 1929 to Nicholson-Universal Steamship Co., Detroit MI (home port to Wilmington DE)
Converted to an automobile carrier at River Rouge MI by Great Lakes Engineering Works
Renamed Graham C. Woodruff 1930.
Renamed Fred L. Hewitt (1) 1941
Requisitioned 1942 by U. S. War Shipping Administration during World War II, converted back to bulk carrier at Fairport OH by Fairport Machine Shop and transferred to Overlakes Freight Corporation, Detroit MI
Returned 1946 to previous owners
Sold 1947 to Colonial Steamships Ltd., Toronto ON, Scott Misener, Mgr. (home port to Toronto ON) and renamed Everetton.
Enrolled Canadian at 468.5 x 52.2 x 26.5, 5765 GT, 3931 NT Can 177817
Fleet renamed Scott Misener Steamships Ltd. 1959.
Sold for scrap 1968 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON. Resold to Spanish shipbreakers. Cleared Quebec QC Aug 26, 1968 with str. Charles E. Dunlap towed by German tug Rotesand. Tow arrived Bilbao Spain Sept 23, 1968.