1902 A. G. Brower 1960
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Chicago IL by Chicago Shipbuilding Co., Hull 51
Launched Dec 28, 1901
366’ LOA, 346’ LBP, 48’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1200 IHP
Enrolled at Oswego NY April 16, 1902 (#4)
346.0 x 48.2 x 24.0, 3582 GT, 2778 NT US 107738 to:
United States Transportation Co., Cleveland OH (home port Oswego NY)
Entered service 1902
Wilkinson fleets merged 1911 into Great Lakes Steamship Co., Cleveland OH
Sold Dec 22, 1915 to Interstate Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, a subsidiary of Jones & Laughlin Steel Co., W. H. Becker, Mgr. (home port to Duluth MN)
Renamed Sargent 1920
Sold Jan 23, 1922 to Valley Camp Steamship Co., Cleveland OH (home port to Fairport OH) and renamed C. D. Neinaber.
Renamed S. B. Way (1) 1923
Converted 1926 to self unloader and cargo hold rebuilt to arch construction at Sturgeon Bay WI by Leatham D. Smith Dock Co.
Renamed Howard P. Eells Jr. 1931
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Renamed D. E. Callender (2) 1934
Sold 1936 to Columbia Transportation Co., Cleveland OH
Renamed E. G. Mathiott (2) 1937
Fleet renamed Oglebay Norton Co. 1959
Sold for scrap 1960 to Marine Salvage Ltd, Port Colborne ON Resold to Steel Company of Canada and scrapped at Hamilton ON.