1924 Chemong 1961
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at Londonderry Northern Ireland by North of Ireland Shipbuilding Co., Hull 104
261’ LOA, 252’ LBP, 42’4” beam, 20’6” depth
1 deck, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 900 IHP
252.0 x 42.5 x 18.0, 1902 GT, 1126 NT Br 148073 to:
Carter Wood Lines Ltd., Montreal QC., Carter & Wood, Mgr. (home port Newcastle England)
Entered service 1924
Enrollment transferred to Canada 1926 Can 148073 (home port to Montreal QC)
Sold 1934 to Huron Steamships Ltd., Port Colborne ON, Scott Misener, Mgr.
Fleet transferred 1939 to Sarnia Steamships Ltd.
Requisitioned 1940 for off-Lakes service during World War II and left the Great Lakes.
Returned to previous owners 1950, transferred to Colonial Steamships Ltd., renamed Donald F. Fawcett and returned to the Great Lakes (at her wartime tonnages of 1915 GT, 1117 NT)
Fleet renamed Scott Misener Steamships Ltd. 1959
Laid up at end of 1959 season and did not operate again
Sold for scrap 1961 to S. Spiegel Ltd., Deseronto ON. Towed to Deseronto and scrapped there by Crawford Metals Ltd.