1912 City of Detroit III 1956
Steel sidewheel passenger and package freight vessel
Built at Wyandotte MI by Detroit Shipbuilding Co., Hull 187
Laid down as City of Detroit. Name changed during construction.
Launched Oct 7, 1911
470’ LOA, 455’ LBP, 55’ beam, 22’ depth
2 decks, coal-fired boilers, inclined compound engine, 9000 IHP
Enrolled at Detroit MI
455.8 x 55.5 x 22.5, 6061 GT, 3328 NT US 209571 to:
Detroit & Cleveland Navigation Co., Detroit MI (home port Detroit MI)
Entered service 1912
Laid up at Detroit MI at end of 1950 season and did not operate again
Sold for scrap 1956 to Robert L. Rosen and Abraham Siegel, Detroit MI. Dismantled at Detroit; hull towed to Hamilton ON and scrapped there.
See history in Great Lakes Ships We Remember p. 110