1930 City of Flint 32 2010
Steel twin-screw Great Lakes railroad carferry
Built at Manitowoc WI by Manitowoc Shipbuilding Corporation, Hull 247Launched 1929
381’6” LOA, 368’ LBP, 57’ beam, 22’6” depth2 decks, coal-fired boilers, 2 steam turbine engines, 7200 SHP
369.0 x 57.3 x 20.3, 3327 GT, 762 NT US 229316 to:
Pere Marquette Railway Co., Detroit MI
Fleet merged 1947 into Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co., Detroit MI
Sold 1969 to Norfolk & Western Railway Co., Detroit MI
Converted to carfloat barge at River Rouge MI by Nicholson Terminal & Dock Co.
Remeasured to 3074 GT, 3074 NT
Renamed Roanoke 1970
Placed in service across the Detroit River between Detroit MI and Windsor ON
Retired Nov 1994 when cross-Detroit River railroad carferry service was discontinued with the opening of a new larger railroad tunnel between Detroit MI and
Windsor ON. Vessels towed to Toledo OH and laid up.
Scrapped 2010 at Port Maitland ON