1891 City of Glasgow 1917
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at West Bay City MI by James Davidson, Hull 42
317’ LOA, 298’ LBP, 40’ beam, 21’ depth
2 decks, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1175 IHP
Enrolled at Port Huron June 26, 1891 (#186)
297.0 x 41.0 x 20.5, 2002.86 GT, 1672.03 NT US 126729 to:
James Davidson, Bay City MI
Entered service 1891
Transferred 1892 to Davidson Transportation Co., Hampton MI
Sold 1895 to Buckeye Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Hutchinson & Co., Mgr. (home port to Fairport OH)
Rebuilt 1901 to 1 deck
Remeasured to 24.2 depth and 2400 GT, 1797 NT
Stranded Nov 23, 1907 off Green Bay WI, Lake Michigan. Had cleared Green Bay light for Escanaba MI. Caught fire Dec 3 and sank, blocking the channel. Abandoned to the underwriters as a constructive total loss. Enrollment surrendered Dec 3, 1907.
Raised spring 1908, shortened and converted to bulk freight barge 1911 at Sturgeon Bay WI by Leatham & Smith Wrecking Co.
Sold 1911 to Thomas H. Smith Stone Co., Milwaukee WI
Reenrolled at Milwaukee WI to 958 GT, 958 NT
Wrecked Oct 6, 1917 east of Sturgeon Bay, Lake Michigan. Traveling light towed by tug John Hunsader torn loose from tow and driven on shore in heavy storm, where she broke up.