1896 George H. Corliss 1962 (1973)
Steel Great Lakes bulk freight barge
Built at Chicago IL by Chicago Ship Building Co., Hull 23
Launched Aug 29, 1896
378’ LOA, 366’ LBP, 44’ beam, 26’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, 11 hatches @ 24’
Enrolled at Duluth MN Sept 5, 1896 (#10)
352.0 x 44.2 x 22.3, 3259.43 GT, 3124.70 NT US86363 to:
Bessemer Steamship Co., Cleveland OH (home port Duluth MN)
Entered service 1896
Fleet merged March 1901 into Pittsburgh Steamship Co., Duluth MN, a subsidiary of United States Steel Corporation, A. B. Wolvin, Mgr.
Cargo hold rebuilt winter 1924 to arch construction at Fairport OH
Remeasured to 2886 GT, 2718 NT
Sold 1937 to International Transportation Co., Duluth MN, John P. Geistman, Mgr. and renamed Ethel.
Sold 1939 to Lakehead Transportation Co., Port Arthur ON and renamed Ethel J. (home port to Port Arthur ON)
Enrolled Canadian at 352.0 x 44.2 x 22.4, 3214 GT, 3055 NT Can 171064
Sold 1943 to Great Lakes Lumber & Shipping Ltd., Fort William ON
Sold 1945 to Paterson Steamships Ltd., Fort William ON (home port to Fort William ON) and renamed Portadoc (2)
Fleet renamed N. M. Paterson & Sons Ltd. 1951
Renamed Kenordoc (3) 1961
Sold 1962 to Goderich Elevator & Transit Co., Goderich ON for grain storage in Goderich harbor. Renamed F. H. Dunsford.
Sold 1973 to Western Iron & Metals Ltd. for scrap. Towed to Thunder Bay ON and scrapped there winter 1973-74.