1903 Geo. L. Craig 1955 (1962)
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Toledo OH by Craig Shipbuilding Co., Hull 91
Launched Feb 28, 1903
360’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1000 IHP
Enrolled at Toledo OH March 25, 1903 (#5)
370.8 x 50.2 x 24.2, 3762 GT, 3130 NT US 86662 to:
Craig Shipbuildiong Co., Toledo OH (home port Toledo OH)
Reenrolled at Detroit MI April 4, 1903 (#46 to:
Monroe Transportation Co., Detroit MI (home port to Hamtramck MI)
Entered service April 23, 1903 clearing Toledo OH with coal for Duluth MN
Sold Nov 30, 1915 to Grand Island Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Co., Mgr.
Transferred 1917 to Paisley Steamship Co., Cleveland OH and renamed Robert R. Paisley.
Renamed Robert J. Paisley (1) 1920
Cargo hold rebuilt 1925 to arch construction at Cleveland OH by Interlake Engineering Co.
Remeasured to 3528 GT, 2665 NT
Carried first cargo of iron ore July 12, 1923 to the new Ford Motor Co. Rouge Plant, Dearborn MI
Transferred 1929 to Schneider Transportation Co., Cleveland OH and renamed Pam Schneider.
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Sold 1955 to Sigma Lake Ship Co., a subsidiary of Continental Grain Co. for grain storage in Buffalo NY harbor and retired from active service.
Sold for scrap 1962 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON. Towed to Port Colborne and scrapped.