1903 H. G. Dalton 1970
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at Superior WI by Superior Shipbuilding Co., Hull 508
Launched June 27, 1903
255’ LOA, 241’ LBP, 41’ beam, 18’ depth
6 hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 900 IHP
Enrolled at Marquette MI July 11, 1903 (Temp #2)
255.0 x 41.0 x 18.0, 1614 GT, 919 NT US 96692 to:
Superior Ship Building Co.,
Entered service 1903
Reenrolled at Duluth MN Sept 12, 1903 (#15) to:
Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Duluth MN, A. B. Wolvin, Mgr.
(home port to Duluth MN)
Management of fleet transferred 1905 to D. Sullivan & Co., Chicago IL (home port remained Duluth MN)
Sold Aug 8, 1916 to the French government for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Renamed Courselles 1916
Sold 1921 to Glen Steamships Ltd., Midland ON, James Playfair, Mgr. (home port to Newcastle Eng.), renamed Glendochart and returned to the Great Lakes
Enrolled British at 246.0 x 41.0 x 15.3, 1573 GT, 1170 NT Br 145465
Fleet sold Feb 12, 1925 to George Hall Coal & Shipping Corporation, Montreal QC
Enrollment transferred to Canada Can 145465 (home port to Montreal QC)
Fleet sold March 10, 1926 to Canada Steamship Lines, Montreal QC
Renamed Chatsworth 1927
Laid up at Kingston ON at the end of the 1929 season and probably did not operate again for this fleet.
Sold 1937 to Manseau Shipyard, Sorel QC
Transferred 1938 to Marine Industries Ltd. (home port to Sorel QC)
Transferred 1942 to Branch Lines Ltd. and renamed Bayleaf.
Rebuilt 1942 at Montreal QC
Remeasured to 1544 GT, 888 NT
Sold 1951 to Yankcanuck Steamships Ltd., Sault Ste. Marie ON (home port to Toronto ON), converted to crane vessel and renamed Mancox.
Remeasured to 1551 GT, 1054 NT
Sold for scrap 1970 to Strathearne Terminals, Hamilton ON and scrapped at Hamilton.