1906 James S. Dunham 1972
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at West Bay City MI by West Bay City Shipbuilding Co., Hull 620
Launched Oct 20, 1906
440’ LOA, 420’ LBP, 52’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1800 IHP
Enrolled at Port Huron MI Nov 8, 1906 (Temp #12)
420.0 x 52.0 x 24.3, 4795 GT, 3644 NT US 203658 to:
Chicago Navigation Co., Chicago IL, D. Sullivan & Co., Mgr. (home port Duluth MN)
Entered service 1906
Permanent enrollment at Duluth MN Nov 16, 1906 (#18)
Sold April 8, 1926 to Reiss Steamship Co., Sheboygan WI and renamed Lynford E. Geer.
Rebuilt 1927 at Manitowoc WI
Remeasured to 430.0 x 52.2 x 24.3, 4510 GT, 3358 NT
Home port to Wilmington DE 1928
Renamed Otto M. Reiss (2) 1934
Fleet sold June 1969 to American Steamship Co., Buffalo NY. (Fleet managed by Boland & Cornelius but continued as a subsidiary under its former name.)
Transferred late 1971 to Edison Steamship Co.
Sold early 1972 to Kinsman Marine Transit Co., Cleveland OH
Did not operate for this fleet. She was sold with six other vessels to American Ship Building Co. in partial payment for the M.V. Roger M. Kyes being built for American Steamship Co. and was assigned to the shipyard’s subsidiary fleet for sale.
Sold for scrap 1972 to A. J. Frank & Son Ltd. Wintered at Hamilton ON. Resold to Spanish shipbreakers.
Cleared Quebec QC Aug 14, 1973 with str. Uhlmann Brothers towed by Polish tug Jantar. Tow arrived Castellon Spain Sept 20, 1973.