1928 Eaglescliffe Hall 1 1959 (1961)
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at South Bank-on-Tees England by Smith’s Dock Co., Hull 846
Launched April 5, 1928
259’ LOA, 253’ LBP, 43’6” beam, 20’6” depth
1 deck, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 800 IHP
Enrolled at Montreal QC
253.0 x 44.1 x 18.5, 1900 GT, 1204 NT Br 160707 to:
Hall Corporation of Canada, Montreal QC (home port Montreal QC)
Entered service 1928
During her first season started to break in half off Buffalo NY, Lake Erie. Held together by her mooring cables until she could get to drydock for repairs.
Requisitioned 1941 for off-Lakes service during World War II and left the Great Lakes
Damaged Aug 12, 1941 by German bombers and repaired at Sunderland England
Returned 1946 to previous owners
Sold 1955 to Colonial Steamships Ltd., Port Colborne ON (home port to Port Colborne ON) and renamed David Barclay.
Fleet renamed Scott Misener Steamships Ltd. 1959
Sold 1959 to Kingcome Navigation Co., Vancouver BC for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Reduced to pulpwood barge 1960 and renamed Log Transporter.
Foundered Oct 25, 1961 off Cape Mudge BC. Under tow from Rivers Inlet BC to Teakerne Arm, West Redonda Island BC.