1902 William H. Gratwick 2 1946
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Cleveland OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 409
Launched Feb 1, 1902
436’ LOA, 416’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1600 IHP
Enrolled at Cleveland OH March 14, 1902 (#56)
416.0 50.0 x28.0, 4777 GT, 3359 NT US 81801 to:
American Ship Building Co., Cleveland OH (home port Cleveland OH)
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH April 15, 1902 (#62) to:
Etna Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, John Mitchell, Mgr. (home port to Fairport OH)
Entered service 1902
Transferred 1910 to Cleveland Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, John Mitchell, Mgr.
Fleet sold Dec 30, 1915 to Interlake Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Pickands Mather & Co., Mgr. and renamed Pegasus 1916.
Cargo hold rebuilt 1925 to arch construction at Ashtabula OH by Interlake Steamship Co.
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Traded in 1943 with six other vessels of the fleet to U. S. War Shipping Administration, Washington DC on the purchase price of strs. Frank Armstrong, E. G. Grace and Frank Purnell. Operated during World War II by Interlake Steamship Co.
Laid up end of 1944 season at Erie PA
Sold for scrap 1946 to Steel Company of Canada. Towed to Hamilton ON and scrapped there.