1902 Huronic 1949
Steel Great Lakes passenger and package freight vessel
Built at Collingwood ON by Collingwood Shipbuilding Co., Hull 1
Launched Sept 12, 1901
308’ LBP, 43’ beam, 27’ depth
3 decks, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 2350 IHP
Enrolled at Collingwood ON 1902
321.0 x 43.0 x 23.4, 3330 GT, 2211 NT Can 107168 to:
Northern Navigation Co. of Ontario, Collingwood ON (home port Collingwood ON)
Fleet renamed Northern Navigation Co. 1911
Fleet sold early 1913 to Richelieu & Ontario Navigation Co., Montreal QC Richelieu & Ontario fleet merged late 1913 into Canada Steamship Lines, Montreal QC. (Vessels remained under the ownership of Northern Navigation Co. until 1922 and were operated as Northern Navigation Division while in the Canada Steamship Lines fleet.)
Vessel retired from passenger service late 1930s. Upper cabins removed and used thereafter in package freight service only.
Sold for scrap 1949 to Steel Company of Canada. Sailed Dec 1949 to Hamilton ON and scrapped there in 1950.
See history in Detroit Marine Historian Jan 1950 (#11)
Also in Great Lakes Ships We Remember p.219