Imperial Leduc

1951                                Imperial Leduc                                        1989

Steel Great Lakes tanker

Built at Collingwood ON by Collingwood Shipyards Ltd., Hull 146
Keel laid March 7, 1950;  launched Nov 4, 1950

620’ LOA, 600’ LBP, 68’ beam, 35’ depth
1 deck, oil-fired boilers, steam turbine engine, 4500 SHP

Enrolled at Collingwood ON
601.7 x 68.2 x 34.6, 12595 GT, 9573 NT     Can 176115     to:
Pipe Line Tankers Ltd., Toronto ON, Imperial Oil Ltd., Mgr. (home port Collingwood ON)

Entered service April 18, 1951

Built to carry Alberta oil from Superior WI to Sarnia ON.  Service discontinued when pipeline from the western oil fields was finished.

Management of fleet transferred 1954 to Canada Steamship Lines,  Montreal QC

Renamed Nipigon Bay 1955

Lengthened 72’ and converted to bulk freighter 1956 at Port Arthur ON by Port Arthur Shipbuilding Co.
Remeasured to 673.7 x 68.2 x 31.0, 13274 GT, 9712 NT  

Transferred 1972 to Canada Steamship Lines.

Rebuilt 1981 with addition of hatch trunk at Thunder Bay ON by Port Arthur Shipbuilding Co.
Remeasured to 14824 GT, 11262 NT

Laid up at Kingston ON

Sold for scrap 1989 to Corostel Trading.  Cleared Sorel QC with MV Fort Chamble Aug 9, 1989 towed by tug Fairplay IX.  Tow arrived Aliaga Turkey Sept 19, 1989.

IMO 5252933

 

5105

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *