1889 Italia 1921
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Marine City MI by Morley & Hill
Launched July 24, 1889
308’ LOA, 289’ LBP, 42’ beam, 20’ depth
2 decks, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1050 IHP
Enrolled at Detroit MI Aug 14, 1889 (Temp #15)
289.0 x 42.0 x 20.8, 2036.25 GT, 1570.72 NT US 100450 to:
William B. Morley 5/8, H. T. Morley 1/8, John J. Hill 1/8 and C. T. Morley 1/8, Marine City MI (home port Marine City MI}
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH Aug 15, 1889 (#10) to James Corrigan and John Huntington ½ each, Cleveland OH (home port to Cleveland OH)
Entered service 1889
Home port to Fairport OH 1892
Transferred 1893 to Corrigan Transit Co.
Rebuilt 1901 to 1 deck
Remeasured to 24.1 depth and 2305 GT, 1735 NT
Original engine removed 1908 and installed in Corrigan barge Amazon. Replaced by the fore and aft compound engine from str. Progress, which stranded Nov 1905.
Sold 1908 to Caledonia Steamship Co., Buffalo NY, John J. Boland, Mgr. (home port to Buffalo NY)
Traded in 1912 to Great Lakes Engineering Works, Ecorse MI on str. Louis R. Davidson being built for the fleet
Chartered for 1913 season to Thompson Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, J. R. Davock, Mgr.
Converted 1915 to unrigged barge but apparently never operated as such
Enrollment surrendered July 5, 1915, marked as abandoned. Sat at dock of Great Lakes Engineering Works until dismantled 1920. Hull scuttled in Lake Erie.