1902 J. M. Jenks 1963 (1964)
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Lorain OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 317
Launched May 17, 1902
434’ LOA, 414’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1500 IHP
Enrolled at Cleveland OH June 12, 1902 (#97)
414.0 x 50.0 x 28.0, 4657 GT, 3386 NT US 77532 to:
American Ship Building Co.
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH June 18, 1902 (#99) to:
Acme Transit Co., Cleveland OH, W. A. Hawgood, Mgr.
Entered service 1902
Fleet sold Dec 31, 1915 to Pittsburgh Steamship Co., Cleveland OH
Renamed R. R. Richardson 1916
Cargo hold rebuilt 1917 to arch construction at Fairport OH by Pittsburgh Steamship Co.
Remeasured to 4046 GT, 2925 NT
Sold 1941 to Terminals & Transportation Corporation, Buffalo NY, Minnesota Atlantic Transit Co., Mgr.
Sold 1941 to Waterways Navigation Co., Detroit MI, Henry L. Caulkins, Mgr. (home port to Wilmington DE)
Renamed Ralph S. Caulkins 1942
Sold 1959 to Gartland Steamship Co., Chicago IL, D. Sullivan & Co., Mgr.
(Vessel had the same master and chief engineer for her entire career with the one-vessel Waterways fleet and with the Gartland fleet.)
Sold 1963 to Auxiliary Power Corporation for use as a floating temporary power plant for communities along the St. Lawrence River during construction of permanent facilities and renamed Poweraux Peter. Program was not implemented.
Sold for scrap 1964 to Eckhardt & Co. Arrived Hamburg Germany Aug 24, 1964 towed by tug Foundation Vigilant.