1897 W. LeBaron Jenney 1962 (1974)
Steel Great Lakes bulk freight barge
Built at West Bay City MI by F. W. Wheeler & Co., Hull 120
Launched April 29, 1897
378’ LOA, 366’ LBP, 45’ beam, 26’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’
Enrolled at Port Huron MI May 7, 1897 (Temp #101)
365.5 x 45.8 x 23.0, 3422.64 GT, #280.02 NT US 81561 to:
Bessemer Steamship Co., Cleveland OH (home port Duluth MN)
Entered service 1897
Permanent enrollment at Duluth MN May 27, 1897 (#54)
Fleet merged March 1901 into Pittsburgh Steamship Co., Duluth MN, a subsidiary of United States Steel Corporation, A. B. Wolvin, Mgr.
Cargo hold rebuilt winter 1925-1926 to arch construction at Fairport OH
Sold fall 1936 to Marine Iron & Shipbuilding Co., Duluth MN, John P. Geistman, Mgr. and renamed Alfred.
Sold 1937 to International Transportation Co., Duluth MN
Sold 1938 to Lakehead Transportation Co., Port Arthur ON (home port to Port Arthur ON) and renamed Alfred J.
Enrolled Canadian at 366.0 x 44.5 x 21.5, 2872 NT Can 170553
Sold 1943 to Great Lakes Lumber & Shipping Ltd., Fort William ON
Sold 1949 to Paterson Steamships Ltd., Fort William ON (home port to Fort William ON) and renamed Collingdoc (2)
Firm renamed N. M. Paterson & Sons Ltd. 1951
Sold 1962 to Goderich Elevator & Transit Co., Goderich ON for grain storage and retired from service.
Renamed K. A. Powell
Sold for scrap 1974 to Western Iron & Metals Co., Thunder Bay ON. Towed to Thunder Bay and scrapped.