1903 J. S. Keefe 1970
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at Buffalo NY by the Buffalo Dry Dock Co., Hull 203
Launched Jan 31, 1903
255’ LOA, 241’ LBP, 41’ beam, 18’ depth
6 hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 600 IHP
Enrolled at Buffalo April 24, 1903 (#92)
238.70 x 41.0 x 19.2, 1640 GT, 944 NT US 77580 to:
Buffalo Dry Dock Co.,
Entered service 1903
Reenrolled at Duluth MN May 2, 1903 (#88) to:
Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Duluth MN, A. B. Wolvin, Mgr.
(home port to Duluth MN)
Management of fleet transferred 1905 to D. Sullivan & Co., Chicago IL (home port remained Duluth MN)
Sold Aug 8, 1916 to the French government for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Renamed Parame 1916
Sold 1921 to Glen Steamships Ltd., Midland ON, James Playfair, Mgr., renamed Glenfarn and returned to the Great Lakes
Enrolled British at 246.1 x 41.0 x 15.2, 1558 GT, 1000 NT Br 145462
Fleet sold Feb 12, 1925 to George Hall Coal & Shipping Corporation, Montreal QC
Enrollment transferred to Canada Can 145462 (home port to Montreal QC)
Fleet sold March 10, 1926 to Canada Steamship Lines, Montreal QC
Renamed Canmore 1927
Laid up at Kingston ON at the end of the 1929 season and probably did not operate again for this fleet.
Sold 1937 to Manseau Shipyard, Sorel QC
Transferred 1938 to Marine Industries Ltd. (home port to Sorel QC)
Transferred 1942 to Branch Lines Ltd. and renamed Ashleaf.
Rebuilt 1942 at Sorel QC by Marine Industries Ltd.
Remeasured to 241.1 length and 1521 GT, 883 NT
Sold 1951 to Yankcanuck Steamships Ltd., Sault Ste. Marie ON (home port to Toronto ON), converted to crane vessel and renamed Manzzutti.
Remeasured to 246.1 length and 1528 GT, 1039 NT
Sold for scrap 1970 to Strathearne Terminals, Hamilton ON and scrapped at Hamilton.
See history in Detroit Marine Historian Sept and Oct 1993 (#8)