1903 Albert M. Marshall 1959
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at Wyandotte MI by Detroit Shipbuilding Co., Hull 152
Launched June 27, 1903
255’ LOA, 241’ LBP, 41’ beam, 18’ depth
6 hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 650 IHP
Enrolled at Detroit MI Aug 8, 1903 (#7)
241.0 x 41.1 x 18.8, 1640 GT, 987 NT US 200091 to:
American Ship Building Co., Cleveland OH (home port Cleveland OH)
Entered service 1903
Reenrolled at Duluth MN Aug 18, 1903 (#12) to:
Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Duluth MN, A. B. Wolvin, Mgr.
(home port to Duluth MN)
Management of fleet transferred 1905 to D. Sullivan & Co., Chicago IL (home port remained Duluth MN)
Sold Aug 8, 1916 to the French government for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Renamed Brignogan (France) 1916
Sold May 1, 1921 to George Hall Coal Co., Ogdensburg NY (home port to Montreal QC)
Enrolled Canadian at 247.0 x 41.2 x 15.3, 1594 GT, 892 NT Can 150359
Fleet renamed George Hall Coal & Shipping Corporation 1922
Fleet sold March 10, 1926 to Canada Steamship Lines, Montreal QC
Sold 1929 to Nicholson Transit Co., Detroit MI and renamed Fellowcraft.
Returned to U.S. registry at original dimensions and tonnage and original Official Number.
Requisitioned 1942 by U. S. War Shipping Administration for off-Lakes service during World War II and left the Great Lakes. Returned 1943 chartered to Nicholson Transit Co. and left the Great Lakes again.
Returned to previous owner 1945
Sold for scrap 1959 to Steel Company of Canada, Hamilton ON and scrapped at Hamilton