1888 Robert Mills 1929
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Buffalo NY by Robrrt Mills & Co.
Launched May 1888
266’ LOA, 256’ LBP, 40’ beam, 21’6” depth
2 decks, coal-fired boilers, fore and aft compound engine, 800 IHP
Enrolled at Buffalo NY June 1, 1888 (#69)
256.0 x 40.2 x 20.2, 1790.50 GT, 1522.17 NT US 110774 to:
John Rice, Buffalo NY (home port Buffalo NY)
Entered service 1888
Sold 1897 to Red Star Line, Buffalo NY, C. H. Donaldson, Mgr.
Rebuilt 1906 to 1 deck
Remeasured to 23.5 depth and 2070 GT, 1712 NT
Sold 1910 to James E. McAlpine, Buffalo NY, Brown & Co., Mgr.
Sold 1918 to Nicholson Transit Co., Ecorse MI and renamed Fellowcraft.
Converted to bulk freighter and automobile carrier at Ecorse MI by Nicholson Terminal & Dock Co.
Management of fleet aasumed 1924 by Nicholson-Universal Steamship Co., Fred L. Hewitt, Mgr.
Fleet transferred 1927 to Nicholson-Universal Steamship Co., Detroit MI
(William Nicholson sold his fleet to Nicholson-Universal and agreed not to engage in the transportation of automobiles on the Great Lakes for a period of 20 years)
Dismantled 1929 at Ecorse MI.