1907 Josiah G. Munro 1967
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Ecorse MI by Great Lakes Engineering Works, Hull 33
Launched Oct 19, 1907
552’ LOA, 530’ LBP, 56’ beam, 31’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1800 IHP
Enrolled at Detroit MI Nov 6, 1907 (#25)
530.0 x 56.2 x 32.0, 6971 GT, 5482 NT US 204720 to:
Great Lakes Engineering Works
Reenrolled at Detroit MI Nov 18, 1907 (Temp #27) to:
Frontier Steamship Co., North Tonawanda NY, W. M. Mills, Mgr. (home port to North Tonawanda NY)
Entered service Nov 1907. Sailed light from Detroit to Buffalo NY to load coal for Duluth MN
Permanent enrollment at Niagara Falls NY Nov 23, 1907 (#22)
Sold Jan 19, 1916 to Johnstown Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, M. A. Hanna & Co., Mgr. (home port to Fairport OH) and renamed Effingham B. Morris.
Sold 1925 to Bethlehem Transportation Corporation, Cleveland OH, H. K. Oakes, Mgr. and renamed Lebanon.
Sold 1967 to James River Transport Inc. for trade in to U. S. Maritime Commission on vessels in the reserve fleet. Resold to Spanish shipbreakers. Cleared Lauzon QC Oct 13, 1967 with str. Powell Stackhouse towed by Polish tug Jantar. Tow arrived Santander Spain Nov 9, 1967.