1867 Nebraska 1904
Wooden Great Lakes package freighter
Built at Cleveland OH by Peck & Masters
280’ LOA, 267’ LBP, 35’ beam, 25’ depth
2 decks, coal-fired boilers, 2 steeple compound engines,
Enrolled at Buffalo NY June 5, 1867 (#162)
267.4 x 35.5 x 14.2, 1483.53 tons (1362.13 NT 1882) US 18093 to:
Charles Ensign and George W. Holt 50% each, Buffalo NY (home port Buffalo NY)
Sold 1883 to Cornelia Hamilton, Buffalo NY
Sold 1885 to William W. Tyler, Michael J. Galvin and William B. Demmick 1/3 each, Buffalo NY
Sold 1894 to John Fitzgerald, Milwaukee WI
Sold 1899 to W. E. Fitzgerald, Milwaukee WI
Damaged fall 1900 on Lake Huron and abandoned to the underwriters as a constructive total loss. Towed to Milwaukee WI and repaired.
Sold 1902 to Samuel Neff,
Sold 1902 to John J. Boland, Buffalo NY and renamed Congress.
Converted to bulk freighter at Milwaukee WI by Milwaukee Dry Dock Co.
Remeasured to 1320 GT, 893 NT
Took shelter from storm on Lake Michigan Oct 4, 1904 at South Manitou Island. Caught fire at the dock and towed out into harbor, where she and her cargo were destroyed and the vessel sank. Enrollment surrendered Oct 10, 1904.