1952 James Norris
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Midland ON by Midland Shipbuilding Co., Hull 35
Launched Dec 10, 1951
663’3” LOA, 647’ LBP, 67’ beam, 35’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 24’, oil-fired boilers, steam turbine engine, 4000 SHP
647.2 x 67.2 x 30.4, 12464 GT, 9115 NT Can 178247 to:
Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Toronto ON (home port Toronto ON)
Entered service May 1952
Fleet renamed Upper Lakes Shipping Ltd. 1959
Converted to self-unloader 1981 at St. Catharines ON by Port Weller Dry Docks Ltd.
Remeasured to 12962 GT, 9228 NT
Great Lakes Bulk Carriers discontinued 1994 and vessel sold to Algoma Central Marine, Sault Ste. Marie ON ULS Corporation, Toronto ON and renamed . Management transferred to Seaway Bulk Carriers, St. Catharines ON, a vessel operation and management joint venture of Algoma Central Railway and ULS Corporation to operate their straight deck vessels, ULS Corporation, Mgr.
Self-unloader and straight deck management organizations of these firms merged 2000 into a single firm, Seaway Marine Transport, St. Catharines ON
Fleet sold 2011 to Algoma Central Corporation, St. Catharines ON
In service 2011 for Algoma Central Corp.