1902 William Nottingham 1946
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Buffalo NY by Buffalo Dry Dock Co., Hull 201
Launched March 3, 1902
400’ LOA, 380’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1200 IHP
Enrolled at Buffalo NY April 17, 1902(Temp #76)
376.5 x 50.0 x 29.0, 4234 GT, 3070 NT US 81804 to:
Buffalo Dry Dock Co.
Reenrolled at Oswego NY April 24, 1902 (#6) to:
United States Transportation Co., Cleveland OH
Entered service 1902
Wilkinson fleets merged 1911 into Great Lakes Steamship Co., Cleveland OH
Cargo hold rebuilt 1917 to arch construction at Toledo OH by Toledo Shipbuilding Co.
Traded in 1943 with four other vessels of the fleet to U. S. War Shipping Administration, Washington DC on the purchase of strs. J. Burton Ayers and J. H. Hillman Jr. Operated during World War II by Great Lakes Steamship Co.
Laid up end of 1944 season at Erie PA
Sold for scrap 1946 to Steel Company of Canada. Towed to Hamilton ON Nov 1946 and scrapped there.