Odanah

1907                                  Odanah                                  1955

Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter

Built at Lorain OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 351
Launched July 31, 1907

440’ LOA, 420’ LBP, 52’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1500 IHP

Enrolled at Cleveland OH Aug 23, 1907 (#10)
420.0 x 52.0 x 28.0, 4907 GT, 3588 NT     US 204455     to:
Lackawanna Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Pickands Mather & Co., Mgr. (home port Fairport OH)

Entered service 1907

Fleet renamed Interlake Steamship Co. 1913

Rebuilt 1921
Remeasured to 4658 GT, 3391 NT

Home port to Wilmington DE 1932

Sold 1954 to Wyandotte Transportation Co., Wyandotte MI and converted to a barge which was to have been renamed WyChem 106.
Remeasured to 4658 GT, 4658 NT
(Purchased by Wyandotte Chemicals Corporation to carry sodium chloride from Wyandotte MI to South Chicago IL.  The operation was not successful, and this vessel was never officially renamed or used in the operation, but it did cause the railroads to lower their freight rates for this material between these cities.)

Sold for scrap 1955 to Kovalchick Salvage Co.  Resold to Steel Company of Canada.  Towed to Hamilton ON and scrapped there.

 

0708

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *