1888 J. Emory Owen 1909
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Detroit MI by Detroit Dry Dock Co., Hull 87
Launched May 15, 1888
271’ LOA, 256’ LBP, 38’ beam, 21’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 750 IHP
Enrolled at Detroit MI May 31, 1888 (#106)
256.4 x 38.5 x 19.8, 1739.53 GT, 1292.47 NT US 76731 to:
J. Emory Owen, Detroit MI (home port Detroit MI)
Entered service 1888
Transferred 1892 to J. Emory Owen Transportation Co.,
Sold 1899 to James Corrigan, Cleveland OH (home port to Fairport OH)
Burned Dec 5, 1903 near Manitowoc WI, Lake Michigan.
Sold 1905 to George W. Pfohl, Buffalo NY and renamed F. A. Meyer
Raised, rebuilt and cut down for use in the lumber trade at Milwaukee WI by Milwaukee Dry Dock Co.
Remeasured to 1264 GT, 1034 NT
Sold 1908 to Capt. William Strong, Tonawanda NY
Foundered Dec 18, 1909 22 miles east of Southeast Shoal, Lake Erie. Enroute from Boyne City MI to Buffalo NY with cargo of lumber. Cut by ice and sank. Crew rescued by str. Mapleton. Enrollment surrendered Dec 28, 1909.