1890 B. W. Parker 1905
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freight schooner barge
Built at Gibraltar MI by Richard W. Linn
Launched July 7, 1890
256’ LOA, 249’ LBP, 41’ beam, 21’ depth
Enrolled at Detroit MI July 19, 1890 (#9)
249.0 x 41.0 x 18.0, 1476.75 GT, 1421.06 NT US 3473 to:
A. A. Parker 1/5, B. W. Parker 1/5 et al., Detroit MI (home port Detroit MI)
Entered service 1890
Transferred 1891 to State Transit Co., Hamtramck MI, A. A. Parker, Mgr.
Transferred 1894 to Pridgeon Transportation Co.
Sold 1901 to Gilchrist Transportation Co., Cleveland OH (home port to Vermillion OH)
Home port to Fairport OH 1903
Foundered Nov 13, 1905 in gale off Cleveland OH, Lake Erie. Enroute light from Cleveland to Lorain OH towed with schooner Nellie Mason by str. Lansing. Tow line broke as the vessels attempted to return to Cleveland harbor. Both barges lost; crews rescued by U. S. Life Saving Service. Enrollment surrendered Nov 14, 1905.