1973 Presque Isle 2 1968
Steel self-unloading Great Lakes bulk freight barge
Built at Erie PA by Erie Marine Inc., a subsidiary of Litton Systems, Hull 102
Built in two sections. Bow section built at Bay City MI by Defoe Shipbuilding Co., Hull 47; launched July 27, 1972 and towed to Erie in October and attached to stern section.
(Part of an integrated tug/barge combination. Tug built in New Orleans LA and came to Erie Nov 1973.
974’6” LOA, 104’7” beam, 46’6” depth (combined dimensions 1000’ LOA, 988’6” LBP)
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 24’
Xx US 553417 to:
Crocker National Bank, Trustee, Los Angeles CA
Chartered to United States Steel Corporation, Duluth MN and entered service Dec 16, 1973 clearing Erie PA light for Two Harbors MN
Fleet renamed USS Great Lakes Fleet Inc. July 1981
Sold 1999 to USS Great Lakes Fleet Inc.
Fleet sold 2003 to Canadian National Railway Co., Montreal QC and renamed Great Lakes Fleet. Operated by Keystone Shipping Co., Bala Cynwyd PA to continue to be able to continue to trade between U.S. ports.
Tug IMO 7303877
In service 2011 for Great Lakes Fleet