1925 Sandland 1961 (1974)
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size sand dredge
Built at Newcastle England by Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Hull 1273
Launched June 6, 1925
213’3” LOA, 205’ LBP, 42’ beam, 18’ depth
1 deck, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 900 IHP
205.2 x 42.7 x 18.4, 1549 GT, 821 NT Br 148132 to:
Harbour Brick Co., Toronto ON (home port Newcastle England)
Sold 1926 to Ontario Gravel Freighting Co., Windsor ON, Thomas A. Tees, Mgr.
Sold 1933 for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Sold 1936 to Tees Transit Co., Hamilton ON, Thomas A. Tees, Mgr. and returned to Great Lakes service
Sold 1942 for off-Lakes service. Lengthened and converted to bulk freighter at Port Dalhousie ON by Muir Bros. Drydock Co. and left the Great Lakes.
Remeasured to 250.8 x 42.8 x 16.3, 2213 GT, 1629 NT
Sold 1946 to Sandland Ltd., Montreal QC, R. A. Campbell, Mgr. and returned to Great Lakes service
Enrollment transferred to Canada 1948 Can 148132 (home port to Montreal QC)
Transferred 1951 to Beaconsfield Steamships Ltd.
Repowered 1954 with diesel engine
Remeasured to 2170 GT, 1890 NT
Laid up at Montreal QC at the end of the 1959 season and did not operate again for this owner
Sold 1961 for off-Lakes service and left the Great Lakes
Renamed Triton (Venezuela) 1966
Scrapped about 1974
See history in Scanner May 1985 (#138)