1907 Sierra 1964
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Toledo OH by Toledo Shipbuilding Co., Hull 108
Launched Oct 27, 1906
(Because of rapidly falling water levels in the Maumee River, she was launched at 9:15 a.m. of launch day without owners present or christening ceremonies.)
458’ LOA, 438’ LBP, 52’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1250 IHP
Enrolled at Toledo OH Mar 4, 1907 (#11)
438.7 x 52.0 x 23.9, 4846 GT, 4287 NT US 203757 to:
Toledo Shipbuilding Co., Toledo OH (home port Toledo OH)
Reenrolled at Toledo OH April 12, 1907 (Temp #17) to:
Inter Ocean Steamship Co., Duluth MN, G. A. Tomlinson, Mgr. (home port to Duluth MN)
Entered service April 1907
Permanent enrollment at Duluth MN April 29, 1907 (#62)
Transferred 1929 to Sierra Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, G. A. Tomlinson, Mgr. Converted to scraper type self-unloader at Sturgeon Bay WI by Leatham D. Smith Dock Co.
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Fleet renamed Sierra Transportation Co. 1949
Sold 1950 to Columbia Transportation Co., Cleveland OH
Fleet merged Oct 1957 into parent as Columbia Transportation Division, Oglebay Norton Co.
Sold for scrap 1964 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON. Resold to Steel Company of Canada. Loaded scrap metal at Bay City MI and sailed to Hamilton ON, where she was scrapped.