1930 Stadacona 2 1983
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Midland ON by Midland Shipbuilding Co., Hull 24
Launched April 17, 1929
596’ LOA, 582’ LBP, 60’ beam, 32’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 2800 IHP
Enrolled at Montreal QC:
582.0 x 60.2 x 28.3, 9181 GT, 6711 NT Can 154474 to:Canada Steamship Lines, Montreal QC (home port Montreal QC)
Entered service May 1930. First cargo was wheat from Fort William ON to Port Colborne ON
Converted to self-unloader 1958 at Collingwood ON by Collingwood Shipbuilding Co.
Remeasured to 30.4 depth and 9486 GT, 7272 NT
Transferred 1963 to Ocean Lines Ltd., Hamilton Bermuda
Enrollment transferred to Bermuda Br 154474 (home port to Hamilton Bermuda)
Sold 1968 to International Cruising Co., Port Credit ON, Westdale Shipping Ltd., Mgr.
Renamed Nordale 1969
Enrollment transferred back to Canada Can 154474 (home port to Hamilton ON)
Boilers converted to oil firing 1970 at Toronto ON
Transferred 1971 to Reoch Transports Ltd.
Transferred 1977 to Dale Transports Ltd.
Laid up at end of 1981 season at Toronto ON and did not operate again
Sold for scrap 1983 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON. Towed to Port Colborne and scrapped.