1908 Alexis W. Thompson 1959 (1962)
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at West Bay City MI by West Bay City Shipbuilding Co., Hull 625
Launched April 4, 1908
524’ LOA, 504’ LBP, 54’ beam, 30’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1800 IHP
Enrolled at Cleveland OH May 1, 1908 (#58)
504.0 x 55.0 x 26.7, 6436 GT, 4670 NT US 205106 to:
Valley Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, W. H. Becker, Mgr. (home port Fairport OH)
Renamed W. H. Becker 1921
Fleet renamed Becker Steamship Co. Aug 4, 1922
Fleet sold 1930 to Midland Steamship Co., Cleveland OH
Fleet reincorporated Nov 1931 in Delaware as Midland Steamship Line (home port to Wilmington DE)
Renamed Edward N. Saunders Jr. (2) 1933
Sold 1955 to River Steamship Co., Detroit MI, T. H. Browning, Mgr. (home port to Detroit MI) and renamed Ernest R. Johnson.
Sold 1959 to Omega Lake Ship Co., a subsidiary of Continental Grain Co. for grain storage in Buffalo NY harbor and retired from active service. Remeasured as a barge to 6426 GT, 6272 NT.
Sold for scrap 1962 to Marine Salvage Ltd., Port Colborne ON. Resold to Steel Company of Canada, towed to Hamilton ON and scrapped there.