1862 B. F. Wade 1875
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Newport MI by Jacob L. Wolverton
1 deck, coal-fired boiler, vertical beam engine,
Original engine was an unconventional used model driven by a beam engine. Replaced in 1869 with conventional fore and aft compound engine.
Enrolled at Detroit MI Oct 8, 1862 (#186)
218’ x 31’ x 11’, 715 70/95 tons to:
Florence Brindle, Newport MI (home port Newport MI)
Remeasured 1865 under Act of May 6, 1864 (new measuring rules) to 225.0 x 31.8 x 14.0, 1256.10 tons US 2156
Sold 1866 to John Pridgeon Jr., Detroit MI (home port to Detroit MI)
Withdrawn from service at the end of the 1874 season. Enrollment surrendered June 30, 1875. Engine installed in new str. John Pridgeon Jr. being built at Detroit MI for this owner. Hull sold to Muskegon Boom Co., Muskegon MI for conversion to floating dry dock. Dry dock sold to Independent Tug Co, Chicago IL and towed June 4, 1896 to S. Water St. Chicago.