1923 William H. Warner 1988
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Lorain OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 784
Launched April 21, 1923
600’ LOA, 580’ LBP, 60’ beam, 32’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 2200 IHP
Enrolled at Cleveland OH
586.3 x 60.2 x 28.0, 7984 GT, 6277 NT US 222986 to:
Panda Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, G. A. Tomlinson, Mgr. (home port Fairport OH)
Entered service June 8, 1923 clearing Lorain OH with coal for Duluth MN
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Sold fall 1933 to International Harvester Co., Chicago IL (home port to Duluth MN)
Renamed The International 1934.
Boilers converted to oil firing 1950 at Manitowoc WI
Fleet sold 1977 to Envirodyne Inc., and vessel renamed Maxine.
Sold for scrap Aug 1981 to Triad Salvage Co., Ashtabula OH. Traded Nov 1981 to Pierson Steamships Ltd., Port Colborne ON for str. H. C. Heimbecker, which had been retired because of boiler failure.
Enrolled Canadian Can 800680
Renamed J. F. Vaughn 1982
Fleet failed and sold Aug 1982 to P. & H. Shipping Ltd., Mississauga Ont. and vessel renamed Oakglen (1)
Sold for scrap 1988. Cleared Sorel QC Aug 10, 1988 with str. Kinsman Independent towed by German tug Fairplay XIV. Tow arrived Aliaga Turkey Oct 2, 1988