1925 William C. Warren 1964
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at Old Kilpatrick Scotland by Napier & Miller, Hull 249
Launched March 30, 1925
261’ LOA, 253’ LBP, 43’3” beam, 20’ depth
1 deck, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1000 IHP
Enrolled at Glasgow Scotland
253.1 x 43.2 x 17.9, 1745 GT, 1233 NT Br 148851 to:
Eastern Steamship Co., Port Colborne ON, Boland & Cornelius, Mgr. (home port Glasgow Scotland)
Entered service May 1925
Enrollment transferred to Canada 1931 Can 148851 (home port to St. Catharines ON)
Sold April 1936 to Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Toronto ON,
Stranded Nov 7, 1947 in gale on Presque Isle Point, Lake Huron. Downbound with grain for Montreal QC. Abandoned to the underwriters as a constructive total loss.
Sold 1948 to Beaconsfield Steamships Ltd., Montreal QC (home port to Montreal QC), repaired at Collingwood ON by Collingwood Shipbuilding Co. and returned to service.
Laid up during 1961 season at Sorel. QC and did not operate again.
Sold for scrap 1964 to St. Lawrence Iron & Metal Co. Towed to Montreal QC and scrapped.