1904 J. L. Weeks 1946
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at West Bay City MI by West Bay City Shipbuilding Co., Hull 612
Launched Nov 21, 1903
436’ LOA, 416’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1500 IHP
Enrolled at Port Huron MI Dec 14, 1903 (#25)
416.0 x 50.0 x 24.0, 4551 GT, 3451 NT US 200479 to:
West Bay City Shipbuilding Co.,
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH Dec 16, 1903 (#42) to:
Gilchrist Transportation Co., Cleveland OH
Entered service June 1904 with cargo of coal for Duluth MN.
Fleet went into receivership 1910
Sold at auction 1913 to Lackawanna Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Pickands Mather & Co., Mgr.
Fleet renamed Interlake Steamship Co. and vessel renamed Corvus.
Cargo hold rebuilt 1925 to arch construction
Traded in 1943 with six other vessels of the fleet to U. S. War Shipping Administration, Washington DC on the purchase price of strs. Frank Armstrong, E. G. Grace and Frank Purnell. Operated during World War II by Interlake Steamship Co.
Laid up at end of 1944 season at Erie PA.
Sold for scrap 1946 to Steel Company of Canada. Towed to Hamilton ON June 1946 and scrapped there.