1927 Wellandoc 1 1961
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size bulk freighter
Built at Sunderland England by Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Hull 1315
Launched May 28, 1927
261’ LOA, 253’ LBP, 43’ beam, 20’ depth
1 deck, hatches @ 24’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 836 IHP
252.8 x 43.4 x 17.8, 1926 GT, 1151 NT Can 149435 to:
Paterson Steamships Ltd., Fort William ON (home port Fort William ON)
Entered service 1927
Requisitioned 1940 for off-Lakes service during World War II and left the Great Lakes. Resold 1943 to the U. S. Maritime Commission. Laid up at the end of the war in the James River reserve fleet.
Sold 1947 to Colonial Steamships Ltd., Port Colborne ON (home port to Toronto ON), renamed Brampton and returned to the Great Lakes.
Remeasured to 17.9 depth and 1975 GT, 1137 NT
Fleet renamed Scott Misener Steamships Ltd. 1959
Laid up at 1959 with the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway and did not operate again
Sold for scrap 1961 to Crawford Metals Ltd. and scrapped at Deseronto ON
See history in Scanner Nov 1977 (#69)