1906 Pendennis White 1946
Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Cleveland OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 429
Launched Nov 11, 1905
436’ LOA, 416’ LBP, 50’ beam, 28’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1400 IHP
Enrolled at Cleveland OH March 12, 1906 (#64)
416.0 x 50.0 x 28.0, 4382 GT, 3205 NT US 202865 to:
American Ship Building Co., Cleveland OH (home port Cleveland OH)
Reenrolled at Cleveland OH March 22, 1906 (#70) to:
Cleveland Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Mitchell & Co., Mgr. (home port to Fairport OH)
Entered service 1906
Fleet sold Dec 30, 1915 to Interlake Steamship Co., Cleveland OH, Pickands Mather & Co., Mgr. and renamed Vega (2) 1916.
Home port to Wilmington DE 1932
Traded in 1943 with six other vessels of the fleet to U. S. War Shipping Administration, Washington DC on the purchase price of strs. Frank Armstrong, E. G. Grace and Frank Purnell. Operated during World War II by Interlake Steamship Co.
Laid up at end of 1944 season at Erie PA
Sold for scrap 1946 to Steel Company of Canada. Towed to Hamilton ON June 1946 and scrapped there.