1927 Windsolite 1974
Steel St. Lawrence River canal size tanker
Built at Haverton Hill-on-Tees England by Furness Shipbuilding Co., Hull 115
Launched April 13, 1927
256’3” LOA, 250’ LBP, 43’ beam, 18’ depth
1 deck, oil-fired boiler, triple expansion engine, 900 IHP
250.0 x 43.2 x 18.0, 1930 GT, 1196 NT Can 138580 to:
Imperial Oil Ltd., Toronto ON (home port Windsor ON)
Entered service 1927
Renamed Imperial Windsor 1947
Laid up at the end of the 1971 season at Sarnia ON and did not operate again for this firm
Sold 1973 to Algonquin Corporation Ltd., Montreal QC, Hall Corporation of Canada, Mgr. and renamed Cardinal (2)
Damaged May 23, 1974 in collision with str. Henry Steinbrenner between Point Pelee and Pelee Island, Lake Erie. Upbound light for Sarnia ON. Steinbrenner rammed her in fog. Heavily damaged in port bow, sailed to Toronto ON and laid up.
Sold for scrap 1974 to Strathearne Terminals, Hamilton ON Towed to Hamilton and scrapped.
See history in Scanner Dec 1991 and April 1992 (193)