1887 William H. Wolf 1921
Wooden Great Lakes bulk freighter
Built at Milwaukee WI by Wolf & Davidson
Launched Aug 6, 1887
300’ LOA, 285’ LBP42” beam, 21’ depth
1 deck, hold beams, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 800 IHP
Enrolled at Milwaukee WI Sept 5, 1887 (#26)
285.0 x 42.3 x 19.2, 2265.75 GT, 1791.02 NT 81164 to:
William H. Wolf, Milwaukee WI (home port Milwaukee WI)
Entered service Sept 17, 1887
Transferred to West Division Steamship Co., Milwaukee WI
Sold 1910 to Pennsylvania Steamship Co., Milwaukee WI, A. C. Wanvig, Mgr.
Sold May 10, 1918 to Col. C. M. Harrah, Detroit MI
Sold 1920 to Edward H. Horn, Detroit MI and Marcella A. Sullivan, Munising MI, ½ each
Sprang leak Sept 18, 1921 in gale and sank at the entrance to the Portage Waterway, Lake Superior. Enroute from Detroit MI to Houghton MI with cargo of coal. Raised, repaired and loaded with cargo of lumber for Port Huron MI, delivered her cargo and sailed for Detroit MI to lay up. Caught fire Oct 20 in St. Clair River and was destroyed. Two lives lost in the fire.