Wolf, William H.

1908                                  William H. Wolf                                  1966

Steel Great Lakes bulk freighter

Built at Lorain OH by American Ship Building Co., Hull 360
Launched April 18, 1908

524’ LOA, 504’ LBP, 54’ beam, 30’ depth
1 deck, arch cargo hold construction, hatches @ 12’, coal-fired boilers, triple expansion engine, 1600 IHP

Enrolled at Chicago IL June 2, 1908 (#66)
504.0 x 54.0 x 30.0, 6281 GT, 4767 NT     US 205180     to:
Gartland Steamship Co., Chicago IL, D. Sullivan & Co., Mgr. (home port Gary IN)

Entered service June 5, 1908 clearing Lorain OH with coal for Milwaukee WI.

Home port to Wilmington DE 1934

Laid up at Toledo OH ant end of 1963 and did not operate again.

Sold 1966 to Hudson Waterways Corporation for trade in to U. S. Maritime Commission on vessels in the reserve fleet.  Resold to Steel Company of Canada.  Towed to Hamilton ON Oct 1966 and scrapped there.

 

0828

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *